If you are not careful, you may be bitten by some spider species living in your home. In most cases, bites are only minor and cause itching, pain, redness, and swelling. These reactions are mild, and will usually disappear in a few days. Some reactions can be far more serious and can be fatal for young children or infants.
Effects may include nausea, hives, light headedness, swelling of certain areas, and severe allergic reactions. The worse case is a toxic reaction.
This occurs when an insect or spider’s venom causes a lethal reaction in the body and acts as a poison. One highly toxic bite or numerous less toxic bites or can be the source of this reaction.
The type of spider or insect that gave the bite determines what kind of symptoms will come with the toxic reaction. These may include vomiting, weakness, fever, diarrhea, swelling, muscle spasms, or seizures. This may lead to heart problems and eventual death.
The black widow spider, brown recluse spider, scorpion, and puss caterpillar are a few of the most dangerous insects and spiders.
Other Dangerous Pests You May Have In Your Household
Multiple bee stings, wasp stings, or ant bites may also cause a toxic reaction, just as one black widow spider bite would do the same. Africanized bees — also known as the ”killer” bees — are known to be more aggressive than the average bee, and attack in large numbers.
Bees die after they lose their stinger, but wasps can sting multiple times. Look for large skin reactions at the site of the bite or sting. This may indicate the need to visit a doctor as soon as possible.
One way to eliminate the threat of these pests is to call up the exterminators. Working to remove these pests alone is an annoying and arduous task that is not worth pursuing, especially at the threat of venomous toxic reactions.
Insects can be a nuisance at any time of the year. Before contacting pest control companies, it’s important to know all of the things that can be done to decrease the chance of insects in your home.
A simple step to take is to keep the doors and windows closed as much as possible. Doors must also be sealed so that no gaps are present within the door jams. Keeping a clean environment free from food debris and crumbs is also important.
Should it be necessary to call a local pest control company for pest removal it is important to take precautions in making sure you will still have a safe environment after certain chemicals are used.
Make sure to keep all pet food, fruits, and open foods are out of areas that will be sprayed. Also, clear spaces where pest invasion is likely to occur, to ensure the pest control service can target all of the necessary areas where pests could potentially enter your home.
It is always helpful to keep track of what kind of pests you are noticing and where you find them. The more your pest control service knows about the infestation, the better they will be able to offer an effective removal strategy.