If you are not careful, you may be bitten by a scorpion living in your home. In most cases, bites are only minor and cause itching, pain, redness, and swelling. To avoid all this, it’s best to call in a scorpion exterminating service.
These reactions are mild, and will usually disappear in a few days. Some reactions can be far more serious and can be fatal for young children or infants.
Effects may include nausea, hives, lightheadedness, swelling of certain areas, and severe allergic reactions. The worse case is a toxic reaction. This occurs when an insect or spider’s venom causes a lethal reaction in the body and acts as a poison.
One highly toxic bite or numerous less toxic bites or can be the source of this reaction. The type of spider or insect that gave the bite determines what kind of symptoms will come with the toxic reaction.
These may include vomiting, weakness, fever, diarrhea, swelling, muscle spasms, or seizures. This may lead to heart problems and eventual death.
The black widow spider, brown recluse spider, scorpion, and puss caterpillar are a few of the most dangerous insects and spiders. Multiple bee stings, wasp stings, or ant bites may also cause a toxic reaction, just as one black widow spider bite would do the same.
Africanized bees — also known as the ”killer” bees — are known to be more aggressive than the average bee, and attack in large numbers. Bees die after they lose their stinger, but wasps can sting multiple times.
Look for large skin reactions at the site of the bite or sting. This may indicate the need to visit a doctor as soon as possible.
One way to eliminate the threat of these pests is to call up scorpion exterminators. Working to remove these pests alone is an annoying and arduous task that is not worth pursuing, especially at the threat of venomous toxic reactions.
Insects can be a nuisance at any time of the year. Before contacting pest control companies, it’s important to know all of the things that can be done to decrease the chance of insects in your home.
A simple step to take is to keep the doors and windows closed as much as possible. Doors must also be sealed so that no gaps are present within the door jams.
Keeping a clean environment free from food debris and crumbs is also important. Fruit left out on a countertop is always an inviting meal for bugs, avoiding this will most certainly help.
Keep the trash area clean and never let things even begin to pile up. Making sure any type of food container is fully sealed is also a safe move in keeping away insects.
Using home pesticides is also a way to set up a perimeter around your home, to prevent pests from entering. Make sure to use these chemicals safely and read the directions thoroughly.