Pest control is very important for every home in order to provide a safe and healthy environment for all the people residing in it.
There is no doubt that some of the products on that list can have some pretty nasty side effects if they are not used properly. So, how long to wait after pesticide spray so you and your family can re-enter your home in a couple of hours?
Our homes and buildings are currently highly energy-efficient and this closed-up condition allows unstable, synthetic pesticide poison to become more concentrated and to remain active or hazardous for far longer periods than if they were applied outside.
Once they are applied outside in fields often people close by are not permitted to go outside for up to 4 days.
This obviously indicates that it is not safe to re-enter a building treated for roaches after a few hours and that toxic exposures from labeled usage could be prolonged and involve infants and children.
The good news is that you can make sure that the pests in your home are gotten rid of quickly and effectively while still maintaining the health and overall well-being of your family and those closest to you.
The only thing you’ll have to do is educate yourself on the various products that are out there, and which ones are the safest bets for home use.
Speaking generally, for regular pest control of insects such as roaches, ants and bed bugs, the family of pesticides known as pyrethroids are incredibly safe.
In fact most of the products on the market today containing these products are third or fourth generation and have been in use for decades without incident.
However, when applying any product with these as the active ingredients, you will want to follow common sense safety precautions like removing everyone from the vicinity and allowing the product to dry thoroughly before anyone is allowed back into the treated room or rooms.
Also you will want to be sure to store food and eating utensils properly before application, as ingestion of any pesticides can have harmful and unpleasant side effects.
Although pesticides are useful and certainly have their place, if you have young children in the home, you might want to think about natural and organic solutions to pest problems. Substances such as boric acid and diatomaceous earth are in many ways as powerful, versatile and useful as chemical pesticides, but are completely harmless even if ingested in fairly large quantities.
The same holds true for most traps as well, in that the greatest danger posed is the possibility of minor injury if they are used improperly.
Another thing that many people seem to forget when doing their own pest control work is that it’s not all about blasting the room with spray and walking away. You also have to concentrate on cleaning and making sure you aren’t making your home an attractive place for these pests to hide out and nest.
Doing that in concert with the use of pesticides and traps will go a much longer way in ensuring not only that any pests are removed from your home but also that your family is kept safe and sound during the process.