Taking these common sense precautions goes a long way in allowing you to enjoy a home that is pest-free. Proper roach treatment involves applying the most basic steps so they don’t make camp in your home.
Scientific studies have been able to prove that if a total annihilation were to happen in the world right now, and every one bombed the other so as to lead to a nuclear holocaust, anything living on this Earth will die, except for one.
Guess which one it is? Of course, the cockroach! They invade your house and spread dirt all around. So how can you go for roach prevention so as to stay safe?
This is a disgusting insect that feeds in the shallowest, dirtiest, humid environment, and makes your place look something close to a big garbage can.
This insect has about 6 legs, with about 3 joints in each. A physical description would lead to nothing but a revolting reaction from you.
How many times have you gone to the sink to wash the dirty dishes when suddenly you saw roaches scuttle all about, making you drop and break plates as you screeched?
The roaches come about in 5000 varieties, but the most common ones to cause the infestations are the American and German cockroaches.
They slip into your house through the cracks in your wall, and they are always attracted to dark, warm, humid places. Mainly the infestation occurs in places where there are piles of dirty dishes stocked up, or water has been left standing alone too long so as to become stagnant.
But, there are certain right steps that you can take in order to fight against a cockroach infestation.
Learn the following procedures that will help you in this damage control:
- Repair the holes in your windows, doors, baseboards and water pipes so as to prevent the roaches from entering your house.
- Put screens over vents, floor drains, windows and ducts.
- Remove old boxes and throw them away. These places could be the roaches’ hideouts.
- You can remove all the woodpiles, leaves and trash from outside your house so as to keep the grounds clear for roach prevention.
- Use sticky traps with glue in all those places where the roaches hide.
- Store all your food in tight containers. Do not leave food crumbs lying around in your house unattended. They always lure the roaches right into your house. When you do not wash dirty dishes in the night, you must put them in the sick and cover them with soapy water.
- You can use boric acid that eats off the wax from the roaches’ backs that dehydrates them immediately. This will kill off the female roaches and thus finish off the baby roaches too.
If you follow these steps carefully on a regular basis for roach prevention, you will soon be able to live quite a comfortable and healthy life in your house again. Plus, your children will start growing up in the healthiest environment for their own good.