To know how to get rid of fleas in your house can be a very hard and frustrating job.
Not only will it take time and a lot of patience, still, but you also will never be able to get rid of all the insects at one go. It is a job that you persistently have to keep at; there is no way of getting by it.
In the case of flea emergencies, you have to follow certain simple steps that help you to build up a good strategy.
Knowing how to get rid of fleas in your house with chemical sprays and other products can be easy, yet these methods are very harmful to humans as well. It is better that you opt for some safe, natural methods:
- Since your pet is probably the carrier of these critters, you will have to wash them properly first. Give them a good bath in hot water so that the fleas do not survive.
- Treat your house with effective techniques to clean up the infestation. But first make sure that you remove all the toys and clothing from under the bed, and your closets as well.
- Afterward, vacuum your house thoroughly and properly. Make sure you use a vacuum machine with powerful suction. That will suck up all the larvae and flea eggs from the carpet. Vacuum other areas like rugs, cushions, beds and other furniture. After vacuuming, you must throw away the vacuum bag so that the fleas do not creep back to your house.
- Then apply pesticide to all the areas that you have vacuumed to doubly ensure that no flea is left behind. While the pesticide is drying, make sure that kids and pets stay away so that they do not come in contact with the chemicals.
- You can leave the doors and windows open, and switch on the fan or the air conditioner so that the odor fades out, and the pesticide dries up quickly.
- If there is someone in your house with a respiration problem, you must consult a doctor before applying a pesticide.
- Since fleas become a very menacing problem during the summer and fall, you must start dealing with flea prevention tactics in late spring.
- Adult fleas are easy to get rid of. But knowing how to get rid of fleas in their larvae form is quite a challenge.
- Use exterior flea-controlling methods as well, to ensure that the areas around your house are safe.
- Before using any toxic pest control method, you have to read the label first so as to know how to use it without danger.
- Do not think that if you shut up all the fleas inside a room and stay away, the fleas will die without a host. That is hardly effective, and you will not be saved.