Whether you have roaches, spiders, ants or a combination of all of the above, you often don’t know where they’re coming from and you really don’t know how to get rid of them.
You can buy all the traps and glue pads, and spray and poison powder money can buy; but for some reason, these common house bugs just keep coming back.
And, living in warm Phoenix means there are lots of pests available to invade your home. If you have this problem, and you’re at your wit’s end, it’s time to find a pest control professional.
The following are five tips to find the best Phoenix pest control professional possible.
- Ask People You Know: The best way to find out if an exterminator is worth your hard-earned money is to ask those you know.
Has anyone in your family had a pest control problem and had great results with a certain company or technician? What about your co-workers or your friends?
Personal referrals are a great way to ensure that whoever you hire will take care of your pest problem completely.
- Read Reviews: When someone has a pest problem, and they have a bad experience, they often can’t wait to tell someone about it. The internet is perfect for this.
The internet allows people to get online and rant and rave about a company or service so that others can be warned not to choose them. But people love to leave good reviews, as well.
There are also industry certifications that such as the Quality Pro certification from the National Pest Management Association. You might Google “NPMA QualityPro” and you will find a directory of QualityPro certified professionals.
If a pest control company is QualityPro certified, this means they are one of the best professionals in the area and are committed to high-quality service and professionalism.
- Call Around: One thing you can try is to call all the companies you can find. Open the phone book or do an internet search and just start calling down the list.
See how professional the people sound on the phone. Ask for their prices. How long have they been in business? Have they won any awards or received any recognition for their services?
By contacting the various companies, you can often find out which ones stand out amongst the rest just by how much they charge and how they conduct themselves.
- Testimonials: You can also ask the companies about people they’ve helped. Did someone have a bed bug infestation and the company helped them get rid of it? Did a neighbor have a roach problem and now they can’t find one in their house?
These are the types of stories you want to hear and when a company has many of these, you can bet that’s a good pest control company to hire.
- Finally, if you’ve tried all of the above and you still can’t make a decision, just hire one of the companies that had the best results from the tips above. If that person or company doesn’t work out, try another one.
Eventually, you’ll find the best Phoenix pest control professionals in your area and you’ll likely never have a pest control problem ever again.